Geo Data Intern/New Grad, Product Development
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Internship/Co-op/New Grad Opportunity (Immediate or December Start)
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
Are you looking for an internship or co-op where you are able to work on some of the most interesting challenges in oil/gas industry? Would you love to have a direct impact on the development of our products? Do you like to build out new processes? As a Geo Data Intern, you get to first-handedly do both! Join us on our Geology data team at our Calgary office.
As part of the Geology Data team, you will:
- Assist in the clean-up effort of well log data
- Communicate with well log digitizers, assist in the submission of rasters for digitizing
- Alias all well log curves in the database to a default curve name decided by the geo team
- Assist in building out a well log data QC process
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated from a Geoscience degree from an accredited institution
- Familiar with well logs (curve types, tools used for well logging)
- Strong computer skills, able to adapt and suggest improvements to new software
- Flexible; willing to adjust to an evolving job scope
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart:
- Basic programming language knowledge (SQL, Python)
- Prior well log data QC experience, preferably with Neuralog
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.
Interested in applying? Visit our page below to submit your resume directly to the team!